“I worked in the U.S. Foreign Service for fourteen years, alongside the bravest Americans I’ve ever known. Our country needs to better support Veterans, who put their lives on the line to protect this country and its founding principles.”
Our government must make the transition to civilian life as painless as possible for our nation’s heroes. This means expanding access to job training, child care, healthcare, and counseling.
In Congress, I will:
- Advocate for a Veterans Transition Center in the Houston suburbs to provide for the needs of service members returning to civilian life.
- Fight for real reforms to address the problem of sexual assault in the military
- Reject efforts to privatize the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Increase health coverage for Veterans. In TX-22, many Veterans have to travel long distances to hospitals that will accept their health insurance. We must provide more easily accessible options to Veterans.
- Decrease VA hospital wait times and expand telehealth services
- Increase funding for mental health services for our Veterans