“My father was a professor. He taught me that there is no gift better than an education.”
People live in this community because of the quality education we have. A thriving education system is essential for a competitive economy, and we need to guarantee that every child has access to a quality education, regardless of zip code or socioeconomic background.
Relying on virtual learning is a burden on so many families, but we can’t send our children back to school unless we can promise them a safe environment to learn. We should be relying on expert health opinions to make these decisions, not political ideologies.
In Congress, I will:
- Push for investments in community colleges, such as the Houston Community College Southwest, to increase accessibility and quality.
- Advocate for increased investment in historically black colleges and universities
- Expand and invest in vocational training programs, such as TX-22’s own Living Word Pharmacy Technician school and the Texas School of Continuing Education.
- Support student debt relief plans such as the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
Sri’s Covid-19 Education Plan
- Increased PPE and testing for public schools across the country, so our nation’s public educators can stay safe.
- Push for greater funding for digital learning services to make online learning a possibility for immunocompromised families.